Northcliff Ridge will be developed as an ecotourism attraction and not merely a nature-based attraction or city park, in line with the following principles:
1. Development must be fulfilled in such as a manner so as to equitably meet developmental and environmental needs of present and future generations.
2. In order to achieve sustainable development, environmental protection shall constitute an integral part of the development process and cannot be considered in isolation from it. This bio-centric approach is based on the following principles:
- Conservation of nature is a fundamental criterion;
- Education about biodiversity, habitats and the need for conservation is an integral component;
- Any income generated is ploughed back into maintaining the quality of the resource and its conservation;
- Local communities when they are associated with a development must be able to share equitably in the benefits of ecotourism; and
- Ecotourism ventures or activities must be designed to be sustainable ecologically, economically and socio-culturally.
Thus, the principle of conservation will take precedence over income generation and human comfort. Northcliff Ridge will be positioned as a short visit eco-experience. No toilet facilities are available, both because of the short visit nature of the reserve and the criminal elements that such facilities tend to attract in a big city.
For further information on how you and your business can get involved, please contact us.