- Country: South Africa
- Province: Gauteng
- Municipality: City of Johannesburg
- Address: Lucky Avenue, Northcliff, Johannesburg
- Directions: click here for map
- Co-ordinates: 26°08’42.8”S/ 27°58’10.26”E
- Altitude: 1807m above sea level (at the highest point)
- Climate: Temperatures in Johannesburg are usually mild due to the city’s high elevation, with an average maximum day time temperature in January (summer) of 25.6 °C (78.1 °F) and an average maximum of around 16 °C (61 °F) in June (winter). Being high the Ridge is cooler than the suburbs below and winters are crisp but sunny which makes the Ridge an all year destination. The rainy season is from October to March with an average annual rainfall of 713mm (28.1in).
- Access: Northcliff Ridge is situated with easy access to a number of popular shopping malls. Getting to the city centre and Sandton CBD, Rosebank and the Gautrain is relative simple. Emmarentia- and Walter Sisulu Botanical gardens are within short distance from Northcliff. Trendy suburbs like Linden, Greenside, Parkhurst, Melville and 44 on Stanley in Milpark, known for some of the best restaurants, fashion, art, design and crafts in Johannesburg are all within easy reach.
- Accomodation nearby: Excellent guesthouses and boutique hotels are to be found in Northcliff and surrounds.
Click on the above image to gain access to a selection of our favourite images taken on the Ridge that shows the ecological diversity right on the sub-urban doorstep of Jozi.
Businesses that support the Ridge. For further information on how you and your business can get involved, please contact us.